Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
For this week we share our interpretation of those traditional peanut butter kiss cookies–with a spooky twist of course! These treats are as cute as they are tasty, plus Alex and Soph had lots-o-fun making (and eating) ’em.
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- 1 bag of chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Beat butter and peanut butter and then add in both types of sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the egg milk and vanilla; beat well, stir together flour, baking soda and salt and then gradually beat into the mixture.
- Shape the dough into balls about 1-inch in size. Roll the balls in sugar and then place on a baking pan. Bake the cookies 8 to 10 minute (until lightly browned).
- Right after removing from oven, push the kisses into the 'front' edges of each cookie (they are the spider's head). Then break a bunch of pretzel sticks in half and stick 6 to 8 into 'legs' into the sides of the cookies.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More
There you have it, adorable Peanut Butter Spider Cookies, ready to be munched with an ice cold glass of milk–Ahhh!
Have fun with these and let us know what you think with a comment…Thank You!
You can also watch Alex and Soph demonstrate this recipe on Two Kids Cooking TV!