Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Ahh, Thanksgiving, one of the tastiest times of the year. We all know there are tons of traditional foods associated with Thanksgiving, from the turkey to the green bean casserole, and most of us have a favorite. Pumpkin pie is both Alex and Sophia’s favorite and with the ginger snap crust and creamy filling, this is our best recipe ever!
If you want to watch Alex and Soph demonstrate this recipe, check it out at Two Kids Cooking TV!
Make sure and sign up for Alex and Soph’s weekly email (look to your right). That way you’ll never miss a show!
Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- 2 cups ginger cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 6 oz. Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup whole milk or half & half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 1/4 salt
- We use a food processor or a hand chopper to convert the cookies to crumbs. We do the same with the walnuts. Melt the butter in the microwave. Mix the crumbs, walnuts, salt and butter in a deep, pie pan. Then press the crust in the pan and up the sides. Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes at 325 degrees. Then take out to cool so you can pour in the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and then add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and egg yolk 1 at a time and then add the rest of the ingredients and beat until well blended. Pour filling into the crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes, or until filling sets.
- We like to serve it with whip cream. You can make your own, used cool whip or the stuff in a can...whatever you serve it with, this pie is seriously delicious. We hope you think so too!
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More