Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Here’s another one of our gory sounding snacks that’s actually super tasty. With our wiener ‘fingers’ and homemade barbecue sauce ‘blood’, even the most faint of heart will be unable to resist.
Zombie Fingers with Blood Sauce
- 1 package of cocktail wieners
- 1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 tablespoons onion, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Natural Hickory Seasoning
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan. Add the garlic and onion, cooking until they're soft. Next add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low for 15 to 25 minutes. Keep stirring it often so it doesn't burn. Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl. You can make the sauce days in advance and then just warm in in the microwave before serving too.
- For the Zombie Fingers, transfer the wieners to a microwavable bowl. Heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until hot. Transfer them to a platter and serve with blood sauce.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More
Little vampires everywhere will be waiting in line to taste these drippingly delicious delicacies (yes, I just said that… 😉 )
P.S. You can watch my little vampires, Alex and Soph, demonstrate Zombie Fingers with Blood Sauce on Two Kids Cooking TV!