Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
One of our friends asked for this recipe, so we’re posting it…enjoy!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds from freshly carved pumpkins
- Olive or Vegetable Oil
- Adobo Seasoning (optional)
- Once you've separated your pumpkin seeds from the rest of the goo...place them in a bowl and fill it with water to cover them. Add salt to the water, enough to flavor the water, but not over-powering. Place the bowl in the fridge over-night.
- The next day, drain the seeds and dry them off with a paper-towel. They don't have to be super dry, but not soaking either.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Place the seeds on a cookie sheet and drizzle enough oil on them to cover them. Season them with Salt, or whatever seasoning flavor you prefer...we like adobo seasoning, but plain old salt is delicious too. Make sure you seeds are in an even layer...if you have too many seeds for one pan, roast your seeds on multiple pans or in batches.
- Total roasting time is about 30 minutes, depending on the density of seeds on the pan. Just make sure to check them every 10 minutes until they are browned (to whatever shade you prefer...we like light to medium brown).
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More