Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Ever since we came up with this recipe, Snackulas have been one of our new favorites. Not just for the clever Halloweeny name, either ;D This simple tomato basil topping on the crusty, garlicy bread is drool inducing. You can watch Alex & Soph demonstrate this recipe on Two Kids Cooking TV, too!
P.S. If you like our recipes and our show, please ‘+1’ us!
Kids Halloween Recipe: Snackulas (aka Tomato Basil Crostini)
- 1 loaf italian or french bread
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- 3 T Olive Oil
- 2 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into thin slices and brush both sides, lightly, with olive oil
- Toast the bread in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let the bread cool and then rub each piece with a garlic clove.
- Cut up the Roma tomatoes in to small pieces
- Chiffonade the fresh Basil and add to the tomatoes.
- Whisk together the Olive Oil, White Wine Vinegar and salt
- Toss the vinaigrette with the tomatoes and basil
- Top the bread with some of the Tomato Basil topping.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More