Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Zombie Treats are our holiday name for Ravioli with Fresh Mozzarella. We like to give our food holiday friendly names 😀 We’ll show you just how we make this delicious dish on Two Kids Cooking TV later this month, but we had to share the recipe now.
P.S. If you like our recipe idea, please share it with your friend!
Kids Halloween Recipe: Zombie Treats (aka Ravioli with Fresh Mozzarella)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella
- 1 jar of marinara or Alfredo pasta sauce (you can use your own homemade as well)
For the Pasta:
- 1 3/4 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 T Olive Oil
For the Pasta:
- Combine all the the pasta ingredients into a food processor and mix. For the dough into a ball, cover with plastic and let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour minimum.
For the Zombie Treats:
- While the dough is resting, cut the mozzarella (aka 'brain' ;D) into about 1 inch pieces.
- Once the dough has finished resting, cut it in half and roll it to approximately 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. If you have a pasta machine, roll it to about a number 8 or so.
- Cut the dough into circle shapes about 3 inches in diameter. Place one of the mozzarella pieces into the center of the circle, fold over and seal. Use your fingertip dipped in water before pressing the two edges of the dough together to ensure a good seal. It is important to seal the edges will and make sure there are no holes in the ravioli's or you will loose your cheese when cooking.
- Heat up your pasta sauce on the stove or in the microwave. Set-aside while cooking the Zombie Treats.
- Bring a large pot of water to a light, rolling boil. Gently place each of the Zombie Treats into the water. Let them boil for about 3 to 5 minutes. Carefully remove them from the water and place in a bowl. Toss them with a bit of olive oil or butter so they don't stick.
- Serve your Zombie Treats alongside a bowl of marinara (aka, blood sauce) for a scarily tasty Halloween snack.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More