Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
I’d say that about once a month I find either Alex or Soph at the microwave with a bowl full of chocolate chips ready to start melting them. Why are they melting them, you ask? Well, I’d like to say it’s for some fancy recipe, but they just like dipping things in melted chocolate. In an effort to channel their chocolate melting habits into something that they won’t immediately eat, I thought, let’s make some chocolate covered pretzels. Chocolate Covered Pretzels can easily be dipped for eating at a later date; or, wrapped up all cute and given as a gift to a fellow chocolate connoisseur.
Here’s the ‘recipe’…more like instructions…for how we make our Chocolate Covered Pretzels. Enjoy!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips (white, dark, semi-sweet, milk...whichever you prefer)
- 1 Bag Large Pretzel Rods
- Sprinkles (optional)
- You'll also need a baking sheet covered with Wax Paper
- The first thing you'll want to do is melt the chocolate chips. You can use whatever method you prefer, but we use the microwave. I find the microwave to be the most kid-friendly way to melt them; Plus, Sophia is our expert chocolate melter (we'll be sharing her technique in an upcoming episode of Two Kids Cooking TV!)
- Once your chocolate is melted spoon or dip 1/2 to 3/4 of the pretzel rod into the melted chocolate. Be sure remove excess with your spoon, or let it drip off. Once you're satisfied with the amount of chocolate that remains on the Pretzel, set it on the wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Now, if you're going to fancy up your pretzels with sprinkles, this is the time to do it. Sprinkle on as many or as few of the colorful bits as you'd like.
- Once you've completed dipping and sprinkling, let your pretzels cool in the refrigerator or on the counter. Either is fine, but the cooler, the faster they harden.
- You can package them up for prettiness now if you'd like, or, just eat 'em!
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More