Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
This recipe is great for older kids working on knife skills. Younger kids can measure out the olive oil, lemon juice and spices. Other skills that will be used when whipping up this delicious salad include can opening, rinsing and stirring.
You can serve this salad as is, or add some leftover grilled or broiled chicken. We serve it in soft taco shells with avocado and a drizzle of sour cream.
Happy Family Cooking Everyone!
Kelly, Alex and Sophia
Kids Cooking Recipe: Black Bean Corn Salsa Salad
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onions (green onions would work, too)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can back beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and toss. Refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More