Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
We came up with this recipe fairly recently. Mainly because of our love of pizza and burgers. I decided we should try combining the two! I know that it’s probably been done by others, but our recipe is best 😉 This version of the recipe was actually our first try but it turned out super tasty (most times, first try’s are not always successful).
We hope you try our recipe and if you do, please let us know what you think with a comment!
Enjoy and Happy Family Cooking Everyone,
Kids Cooking Recipe: Cheeseburger Pizza
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Dill Pickle Spears
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For crust, you can make your own, or buy pre-made crust. We made our own and added italian seasoning. So, before starting on toppings, get your crust ready.
- For the burger topping, an older child can brown the ground beef. With the assistance of an adult, a younger child could measure in the rest of the seasoning ingredients. Once the beef is completely browned, drain the grease and put it in a bowl for pizza compilation.
- For toppings, you'll want to grate the cheese...younger children can grate, but make sure to instruct them not to grate their fingers. The pickles can be purchased 'flat', but if you just have regular dill pickles, slice them into thin pieces--lengthwise if you're using spears, crosswise if you're using full pickles.
- For the sauce, with supervision, a younger child can pour the ingredients into a saucepan and an older child can heat them up on the stove. Heat until bubbly, then remove from heat.
- Once you have all of your topping ingredients together, the fun part begins! Give each family member some dough, or a pre-made pizza crust. Each person can top their pizza with as much sauce, burger and cheese as they'd like. Don't add the pickles...those go on after the pizza is complete.
- After all the pizza's are completed, bake them in the oven until the crust is lightly browned. This can vary depending on the size of your pizza(s), but about 8 to 11 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once you've removed them, top them with pickles (if the person wants pickles); and let them cool.
- When the ideal consumption temperature has been reach, well...EAT!
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More