Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Strawberries and ginger ale are both refreshing on a warm spring day or a hot summer day–they’re even good on an icy winter day! And, this recipe is one that is easy to make and kids of all ages can help in some way. If you have a safety knife, younger kids can help clean up the strawberries and any age child can pour on the sugar and stir; or, push the ‘on’ button on the food processor. The hard part is waiting for the strawberry ice cubes to freeze so you can try this thirst quenching drink.
Oh, if you have fancy ice cube trays like we do, this is a great time to them!
Happy Family Cooking Everyone,
Kids Cooking Recipe: Strawberry Ginger Ale
- Ginger Ale
- 2 pint fresh strawberry's
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash your strawberries, trim the strawberry stem and cut them into quarters
- Stir the sugar into the strawberries and let them sit in the refrigerator for 2 or more hours
- After the strawberries have sat for a couple of hours, put them and their juices into a food processor and blend until smooth along with the 1/4 cup of water.
- Once the mixture is smooth, put the strawberry liquid into freezer trays and then freeze until it's solid.
- Pour the Ginger Ale into a glass, add three or more of the strawberry ice cubes and serve!
- If you let it sit for a bit, the ice cubes melt and blend with the ginger ale giving it a strawberry-ginger ale-tasty-ness!
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More