Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
So we love pizza. But, sometimes pizza isn’t what you need. And, even if you need pizza, a nice salad always goes well with cheesy deliciousness. This veggie pizza salad is one that is great for making with the kids–plenty of veggie prep, measuring, stirring, whisking and mixing–great for kids of all ages.
Enjoy the recipe and Happy Family Cooking!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Veggie Pizza Salad
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Green Peppers
- 1/3 to 1/2 Red Onion
- 2 T Fresh Basil Chopped
- Crumbled Queso Fresco or 6 oz Shredded Mozarella
- 1/2 can black olives1/2 cup EV Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1/8 cup or about 3 T White Wine Vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes in half. Cut the green peppers into bite size pieces. Chop the onion and the basil. Once you have all of the veggies ready, mix the tomatoes, peppers, onion, basil, black olives and cheese.
- Prepare the dressing by pressing the garlic. Then whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar and italian seasoning with the garlic.
- Mix the dressing with the vegetables and then refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More