Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
Today we share another Halloween Recipe and it’s a super cute one, we think, anyway. We like to call them Franken Spider Meatballs. Basically, they are poached meatballs that we stuck precooked spaghetti noodles into.
Inspired by Noodle Weenies, I thought…meatballs, pasta for legs–SPIDERS! Honestly, I’d never really poached meatballs until we tried this recipe. We will definitely be doing it again, with or with out spider legs. Poaching in the broth created extra deliciousness.
If you try the recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts…Enjoy…
Happy Halloween Cooking Everyone!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Franken Spiders (Meatballs with Spaghetti Legs)
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme, Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Rosemary, Chopped
- 2 T Fresh Basil, Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Pressed or Minced
- 3/4 cup Cracker Crumbs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Chopped Onion
- 10 cups Beef Broth
- 60 Pieces of Spaghetti
- 1 cup Packed Fresh Basil
- 1/2 to 1/4 cup Pecans
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- First, prepare all of your ingredients. Younger kids can help crush the crackers, and crack the eggs into bowls. Older kids can chop the onions and herbs.
- Next, mix all the ingredients together, except the Beef Broth and Spaghetti. Younger kids will love squishing everything together with their hands.
- Form the 1/2 inch sized meatballs.
- Break the spaghetti noodles in half and insert four of them into each meatball.
- Bring the beef broth to a simmer and then add the meatballs. Simmer for 8 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs to a plate.
- Add the fresh basil and pecans to a food processor. Kids can help with the processing. Once it's all chopped, add the EVOO. Stir in the Parmesan before serving.
- Place your meatballs on a serving platter
- The kiddies can help top each meatball with a bit of Pesto and serve.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More