Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
After a restless night, early rising and frenzy of gift-opening, breakfast might be the last thing on your mind Christmas morning. This recipe is one that can be made the night before, with a little help from the over-excited kiddies. The next morning all you’ll have to do is pop it in the oven and it’ll be ready to eat.
Happy Family Cooking Everyone!
P.S. This recipe was demonstrated on an episode of Two Kids Cooking TV, check it out!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bake
- 16 slices of bread
- 1 lb Monterrey jack cheese
- 9 oz to 12 oz ham
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 T fresh sage, chopped OR 1/4 to 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Prepare a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray
- Tear the bread in to 1 to 2 inch pieces
- Combine all the ingredients for the Egg Mixture and beat together
- Layer half of the bread on the bottom of the pan
- Layer all of the ham next
- Next, place a layer of half of the cheese
- Finally, layer the rest of the bread on top.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pan.
- Set aside the rest of the cheese for baking time.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap, place in the fridge and refrigerate overnight (or for 2 hours minimum)
- When it's time to bake, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Remove the plastic wrap and place the an in the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes then layer the rest of the cheese on top and bake for another 10 minutes.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More