Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
We originally posted this recipe last year and also demonstrated it on Two Kids Cooking TV. The kids and I are always trying to find creative, interesting recipes to share on our show and this was one that we came up with. It’s a simple recipe, just mix it all together in a pot, heat and then move to a bowl to cool. We like to top it with whip cream and some freshly grated nutmeg–Mmmm… If you like pumpkin pie you’ll love this–we certainly do
If you want to see exactly how we make it, make sure to watch the episode of our show from last year!
Happy Family Thanksgiving Cooking Everyone!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 1/2 cup brown sugar sugar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin (un-spiced)
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 well-beaten egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoons allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot.
- Stir together over medium high-heat.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to one large bowl, or multiple small bowls.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve topped with whip cream.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More
Originally Posted October 2011