Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
We originally posted this recipe last year and also demonstrated it on Two Kids Cooking TV. The kids and I are always trying to find creative, interesting recipes to share on our show and this was one that we came up with. It’s a simple recipe, just mix it all together in a pot, heat and then move to a bowl to cool. We like to top it with whip cream and some freshly grated nutmeg–Mmmm… If you like pumpkin pie you’ll love this–we certainly do 😀
If you want to see exactly how we make it, make sure to watch the episode of our show from last year!
Happy Family Thanksgiving Cooking Everyone!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- 1/2 cup brown sugar sugar
- 1 15oz can pumpkin (un-spiced)
- 4 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 well-beaten egg
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoons allspice
- 1/8 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot.
- Stir together over medium high-heat.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling, let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to one large bowl, or multiple small bowls.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve topped with whip cream.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More
Originally Posted October 2011