Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
You can thank the kids Grandpa for these tasty treats. They were inspired by a snack left in the teacher’s lounge at one of the schools he was substitute teaching at. You could sense the addictive nature of this treat as he shared the ingredients with us. We tweaked it a bit for our tastes, but it seriously is addicting–who’d a thought that puffcorn and almond bark would be so tasty together!
We call it Reindeer Treats cuz we though Santa’s reindeer would like it instead of carrots–Santa does get all those cookies! Not that there will be any left by Christmas…if you do plan on leaving some for Santa, make it on Christmas eve 😀
Enjoy the recipe and Happy Holiday Cooking Everyone!
Kids Cooking Recipe: Reindeer Treats (puffcorn, pretzels, peanuts and m&m’s covered with almond bark)
- 4 1/2 oz. Bag of Old Dutch, Plain Puffcorn
- 2 Cups Mini-Pretzels
- 2 Cups Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 12.6 oz. Bag Red & Green M&Ms
- 12 Squares (1 lb.) White Almond Bark
- In a large bowl, the kids can pour in all of the dry ingredients.
- While the kids are mixing M&Ms and pretzels and the rest, melt the almond bark in the microwave, or in a double boiler on the stove. We use the microwave, slowly melting 1 minute and stirring, melting another minute and stirring, etc. Sophia is 9 and is awesome at melting chocolate, so kids can help with this step too, if you want 'em too.
- Next comes the combining. Pour some of the melted almond bark over the dry ingredients and stir. Add more almond bark and stir more. Continue until it's all mixed up.
- Finally, stick it in the fridge to harden up and then eat it. Try and not eat it all in one sitting, we dare you ;D
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More