Posted by Sue
This St. Patrick’s day at the end of the rainbow you will find ……. a Pot o’ Gold and Clover Dippers! The cuteness and holiday seasonality of these snacks, makes them fun to make. Plus, adding cheese to veggies always gets the kids to eat more…at least Sophia does at the two kids house; Alex isn’t a big cheese eater.
The various steps involved make this a good recipe for older kids, I’d say 8 and up, but if you’ve got mini-chefs, like my grandkids, they could probably handle helping at a younger age, too!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Everyone!
St. Patrick’s Day Recipe: Pot O’ Gold and Clover Dippers
- 1 box of puff pastry cups (6 count)
- 3 Tbs. flour
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 ¼ Cup milk
- 2 Cups grated Cheddar Cheese
- Cut Broccoli into bite size pieces
- Bake the puff pastries according to directions on the box.
- When the puff pastry is, done remove the tops and a little of the inside to make a bowl shape.
- Using a medium sized pan melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir till thickened and a little brown.
- Next add the milk while stirring constantly till it is smooth and thickened.
- Then, add the grated cheese and stir until melted over low heat. You can turn off the heat and just let it sit while you steam the broccoli.
- I steam my broccoli for 2 minutes in the microwave. Put it in a covered bowl with a couple teaspoons of water. When done drain of or remove from the water.
- You are ready to fill your pastry bowls with cheese sauce and use your broccoli clovers for dipping.
- Yum! Use your imagination and think of other things you could dip in the pot o' gold sauce, too.
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More