Posted by the Mom (aka Kelly Biedny)
In this neck of the woods, a holiday cookie platter isn’t complete without some Russian Tea cakes in the mix. If you’re not familiar with these nuggets of deliciousness, they’re basically a walnut infused shortbread rolled in powdered sugar. They’re not overly sweet, but are oh-so-rich with all the butter and nuts. Another great thing about ‘em is that they’re quick and easy to whip up, with or with-out the help of the kiddies.
Here’s the recipe we use…
Do you have a favorite Holiday Cookie? What is it?
- 2 Cups flour
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Cup butter, room temperature.
- 1 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Extra powdered sugar for rolling cookies in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure and mix all your ingredients into a bowl. No need to be picky, kids are perfect for this. Of course the younger ones might need some assistance, but they can help for sure.
- Roll into balls about 1 inch in size. Again, lots of ages kids an help with this, even younger ones if you provide the scoop of dough for them to roll.
- Place each ball on a pan.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool a bit and then roll them into the extra powdered sugar. You may or may not want help from the minis with this...it can get messy ;D
All Rights Reserved. Two Kids Cooking & More
Happy Holidays Everyone!